French and/or Spanish IB Secondary Teacher
Preshil seeks a skilled and enthusiastic teacher with the ability to teach French and/or Spanish to Year 12 in a progressive, academic setting.
- full time, oning position commencning January 2021
- some experience in the IB MYP or DP is desirable. Secondary school experience to VCE and a willingness to undertake the IB training will be considered
- Preference is given to candidates who are excellent speakers of French and/or Spanish however candidates will be considered who can offer one of these languages and another teaching method
Preshil is a small, secular and progressive co-educational school for ages 3 and 4 through to Year 12. The students take an active role in their education and develop responsibility for their actions; they are encouraged to ask challenging questions, to know themselves, care for others and achieve excellence on their own terms. The school philosophy is inspired by the work of Margaret J R Lyttle and the ideas of other educational theorists relevant to progressive education in 21st century Australia. Preshil is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School for the IB Diploma Programme (IBDP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Primary Years Programme (PYP).
IBDP French and Spanish ab initio, SL and HL classes include in-depth instruction, in French and Spanish. These courses progress each year through the MYP, developing greater grammar, vocabulary and fluency through immersion in culture and literature with a heavy emphasis on independent thinking and comparative analysis. Teachers at Preshil use an innovative approach to teaching language - including experiential, student-centered methods, as well as the use of technology.
General role description
- To have a strong background in language teaching
- To demonstrate outstanding discipline-based knowledge and experience in teaching to Year 12, with preference given to candidates having IB experience
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes, co-curricular programs and individual students
- To be responsible for the day-to-day learning and management of classes and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities
- To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education
- To carry out other duties as directed by the Principal
A full position description is available on the Preshil website
Preshil is committed to the protection of children and young people and safeguarding children from harm
Applications close Tuesday 29 September 2020 at 12pm
A letter of application, together with current CV and contact details for three referees (in one complete file) should be emailed to Kate Bowers, Human Resources Coordinator, [email protected]
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and have current VIT registration