Director of Sport
We are seeking to appoint a Director of Sport to oversee our extensive sporting programme at the College.
Commencing January 2021
A unique opportunity has arisen to lead sports at our school.
Saint Kentigern College is recognised as being at the forefront of school sports in New Zealand demonstrating outstanding participation, coaching, facilities, results and pathways to professional careers.
Reporting to the Principal, the primary role of this position is to oversee our extensive sporting programme assisted by the Sports Administrators and Directors of individual codes.
Applicants should have:
- Experience in leadership and management
- Proven ability to set and lead strategic direction
- Proven ability to motivate young people to participate
- A passion for, knowledge and understanding of a wide range of sports
- A proven record in effectively leading and developing a staff team
- Experience in reviewing sporting performance and leading improvement
- A commitment to the highest sporting standards
- An understanding of what causes sporting excellence
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills
- A proven record of being well organised and coping under pressure
- Evidence of managing a budget
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, Forms and Power BI
- An understanding and commitment to the Presbyterian traditions of Saint Kentigern
Saint Kentigern offers competitive salary packages which will be negotiated with the successful applicant. A job description is available on request. This is a non-teaching position however the successful applicant may teach if that is desired.
For more information about Saint Kentigern, the Saint Kentigern Statement of Intent, and the application process, please see our website www.saintkentigern.com. Please contact the College Principal, Russell Brooke, if you have any questions regarding this role.
Applications are to be made online using this vacancy link and should include a current CV and cover letter with details of two referees.
Applications close Friday 2 October 2020.