Learning Support Teacher - Stage 3
- Full time position
- Position to commence in 2021
- Temporary position for a maximum of 12 months
About the School
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church K-12 day and boarding school for girls located on Sydney’s North Shore. Ravenswood offers both the HSC and the IB Diploma Programme as well as the PYP in the Junior School. It is a school where students enjoy outstanding academic success supported by innovative teaching practices that are underpinned by a whole school approach to Positive Education.
About the position
We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished Learning Support Teacher to work within the Learning Enrichment Department, providing educational support to students and working collaboratively with classroom teachers.
To be successful in securing this position, you will have demonstrated knowledge and skills in learning support encompassing:
- Specific experience in teaching Stage 3 students.
- An understanding of the full range of student learner variability and how to meet the individual needs of those with learning difference and disability.
- Knowledge of current research and best practice in teaching neuro-diverse learners and the Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- An understanding of the legal obligations required to support students’ access to learning programs on the same basis as other students.
- The design, implementation and delivery of learning support programs including modifications and adjustments to curriculum and assessments.
- Collaboration with the Learning Enrichment team and classroom teachers to deliver evidenced informed quality programs and to work with teachers utilising a co-teaching support model of instruction.
- Experience in developing Individual Learning Profiles and administering disability provisions for specified assessment tasks.
- Formal qualifications in Inclusive Education or Special Education
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
Please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume.
Ravenswood is a child safe organisation and all statutory checks and references are required prior to the confirmation of employment.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the School with their Working With Children Check number and NESA Teacher Accreditation number in order to be eligible for this position.
Applications close 4pm, Monday 21 September
If you have any questions please contact Michelle Line, Human Resources Administrator on 02 9498 9898 or by email [email protected]
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church IB World School