Chemistry Teacher Junior Secondary (Yrs 5-10) & IB Diploma (Yrs 11&12)
- International Independent Bilingual School
- Permanent part-time or full-time position
The German International School Sydney (GISS) is currently seeking a Chemistry Teacher for Junior Secondary (GISS curriculum - a combination of NSW and German curriculum) and, Senior Secondary (IB Diploma Programme).
GISS is a small international school offering a bilingual education programme (German and English) from Preschool to the bilingual IB-Diploma. It is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) and is registered by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) and, the Federal Republic of Germany as a German School Abroad.
The school is a highly reputable co-educational school that has a rich history of quality education and aims to provide an enjoyable workplace for its staff. GISS achieved “Excellent German School Abroad” status in September 2017 and was awarded 14 commendations in our latest IB Evaluation in November 2018.
We are ideally looking for a bilingual (English/ German) teacher who has prior experience teaching the junior secondary science curriculums of Germany and/or NSW and who has IB experience in teaching Chemistry.
The language of instruction for Chemistry in Junior Secondary and the IB Programme is English. It would be preferable if the candidate would also be able to teach either Physics in Junior Secondary and/or Theory of Knowledge in the IB as well. Both subjects are instructed in English.
Applicants are required to have:
- current NESA teacher accreditation (or be eligible for accreditation),
- current Working with Children Check,
- the right to work in Australia.
Key descriptors and skills:
- Demonstrated effectiveness and experience as a teacher for secondary students.
- Being a flexible team player with an international, growth mindset who will contribute positively and collaboratively to a multi-disciplinary teaching team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues.
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, continuous school improvement meetings, and other professional opportunities.
- Being committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population in a bilingual, international and inclusive, non-selective learning environment.
- Embracing and promoting our philosophical guiding statements to support, maintain and uphold our school’s values, ethos, mission and vision.
This position will commence in Term 1, 2021. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position, to our HR Services Manager Mrs Wibke Christian ([email protected]).
Applications close 1st November 2020.