Student Support Assistant - Atelierista
This role is part of the Student Support and Enrichment Team within a dynamic Junior School staff. Our Atelierista creates environments and experiences that inspire students to explore and expand their ideas through nature, creative art expression, small-parts play, construction and use of different materials.
Fixed Term Full-time
Semester 1 2021
Suitably experienced and qualified applicants are invited to apply for this fixed term full- time Student Support Assistant role - Atelierista.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Atelierista to join our dynamic team to fill a fixed term full-time position to cover a period of leave commencing Term 1 2021 for Semester 1 2021.
About the Role
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy within an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme school, our Atelierista creates environments and experiences that inspire students to explore and expand their ideas through nature, creative art expression, small-parts play, construction and use of different materials. This role is part of the Student Support and Enrichment Team within a dynamic Junior School staff.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Professional Learning financial support
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to gym facilities and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
The successful candidate will have personal knowledge of and experience working with the Arts, have a passion for working with children and an active interest in inquiry pedagogy. They will be a confident self-starter who enjoys building relationships with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the College. Candidates must:
- Demonstrate a passion for collaborative working as a member of a high-functioning team, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Work as a member of a team to support children’s engagement and success as learners
- Support the acquisition of essential knowledge and skills, development of conceptual understanding, and the development of positive attitudes
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Be reliable and punctual
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Personal knowledge of and experience working with the Arts
- Relevant Early Childhood Education and Care qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualifications
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Passion for working with children
- Active interest in inquiry pedagogy
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website http://www.radford.act.edu.au/quick-links/employment/. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].au.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 25 October 2020, and should be addressed to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.