Head of Careers
- Assists students in their decision making and applications for post-secondary settings.
- Promotes a range of tertiary opportunities, including state, national and international possibilities, including scholarships.
- Oversees a program which engages students in years 8 and 9 in future pathways discussions.
- Develops and implements a framework for year 10 students to understand their options for senior secondary schooling and to empower them to make appropriate course and subject choices.
- Engages the College community in careers discussions and education.
The Head of Careers makes a significant contribution to the educational journey of students from years 8 to 12, providing career development and connecting to future pathways. This critical role offers inspiration and motivation to young people and assists the College community in understanding the possibilities for careers, as well the values, skills and attributes needed by our citizens of the future.
The Head of Careers is a strong relationship builder with students, families and colleagues. They are able to work independently and collaboratively, contributing to a range of professional teams. The Head of Careers holds expert knowledge and builds the capacity of others to support and guide the career aspirations of students. The Head of Careers is a strong communicator and is creative in seeking opportunities to share information with the College community and to promote understanding of the changing world of careers.
This is a permanent part time non-teaching position, equivalent Full Time Equivalent across the year is 0.77, made up of the following:
- Working in staff term time equating to four full days per week and one half day (Wednesday) per week.
- Access to College deemed term breaks, which is inclusive of annual leave, with a requirement to work the equivalent of 9 days in the following two breaks
- Term 3-4, when SEAS applications are being considered and
- Dec-Jan when results and preferences are occurring.