Head of Faculty Arts
Behind every great school is a great team of people. We would love you to join our team at Diocesan School for Girls in Auckland.
Imagine being part of a school where your passion for teaching is actively nurtured. Where you have great technology and facilities at your fingertips. Where you are teaching students who are genuinely excited to learn. Sound appealing? We are one of New Zealand’s leading independent girls’ schools, with an outstanding reputation for our approach to curriculum design and learning. We welcome day students and boarders from preschool, right through to Year 13. Our academic record stands for itself, but Dio stands for so much more. We believe that education is an adventure involving creativity, imagination and discovery.
Are you our new Head of Faculty Arts?
Behind every great school is a great team of people. We’d love you to join ours.
As our new full-time Head of Faculty for our Arts faculty, you’ll be:
- An innovative, dynamic and engaging leader who is committed to ensuring a supportive, high trust, collegial faculty environment.
- Experienced in providing leadership on all matters relating to the Arts curriculum and assessment, with a strong focus on curriculum development and innovative thinking.
- Expert curriculum knowledge across Arts from Year 7 to Year 13, and with deep teaching expertise in at least one Arts subject.
- Passionate about teaching young women, nurturing a caring environment where students are engaged, motivated and developed.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Able to start Term 2 2021 or earlier.
We offer students a dual pathway with NCEA and International Baccalaureate. From 2021, we will be teaching Years 7-10 within the framework of the Middle Years Programme of the IB. Experience in the MYP and/or the IB programmes is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
Diocesan School for Girls is a place of academic, sporting and cultural excellence. We are a high performing independent Anglican School with girls who are motivated to learn. Our students have access to state of the art educational, arts and sporting facilities. As our new HOF Arts, you will have the opportunity to work in brand new, state of the art facilities which foster creativity and brilliance. Our school is a place of innovation and inspiration, where we help girls develop skills for the ever-changing world.
What can we offer?
- Broad opportunities for professional development
- Access to fitness centre and pool
- Covered staff car parking on site
- Competitive remuneration