EOTC Coordinator and Teacher
Behind every great school is a great team of people. We would love you to join our team at Diocesan School for Girls in Auckland.
Imagine being part of a school where your passion for teaching is actively nurtured. Where you have great technology and facilities at your fingertips. Where you are teaching students who are genuinely excited to learn. Sound appealing? We are one of New Zealand’s leading independent girls’ schools, with an outstanding reputation for our approach to curriculum design and learning. We welcome day students and boarders from preschool, right through to Year 13. Our academic record stands for itself, but Dio stands for so much more. We believe that education is an adventure involving creativity, imagination and discovery.
Are you our new EOTC Coordinator?
Behind every great school is a great team of people. We’d love you to join ours.
In this busy role you’ll be ensuring the safe and effective delivery of all of our EOTC activities for the whole school throughout the year. This includes our annual EOTC camp week as well as other overnight and day trips. You’ll be the person who keeps a close eye on ensuring that all of our Health & Safety requirements are met, as well as working closely with key staff to take care of all of the detail to make these activities a success.
This role is predominantly EOTC focused from November to March each year in planning for EOTC Camp Week, and then 20 hours per week from April to October. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to work as a relief teacher to make this a full time role.
You’ll also have: -
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experienced in managing projects to both budget and timelines
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and Ministry of Education guidelines
- An Outdoors Education or teaching qualification is required. An understanding of how EOTC links to academic curriculum is also desirable.
Diocesan School for Girls is a place of academic, sporting and cultural excellence. We are a high performing independent Anglican School with girls who are motivated to learn. Our students have access to state of the art educational and sporting facilities. Our school is a place of innovation and inspiration, where we help girls develop skills for the ever-changing world. We have a positive, supportive culture with people at its heart.
What can we offer?
- Opportunities for professional development
- Access to fitness centre, pool and physiotherapist services
- Covered staff car parking on site
- Competitive remuneration
Sound like you? Please send through your application by 31st January 2021.
For further information please email [email protected]. Otherwise, please apply online via our website www.diocesan.school.nz/employment-opportunities