Acting Co-ordinator of Service Learning
Radford is looking for a qualified Co-ordinator of Service Learning to support the College Service Learning program to foster a belief within students that they can be active and informed citizens.
Fixed Term (Term 1 2021), Part-time
Suitably experienced and qualified applicants are invited to apply for this fixed term part-time Acting Co-ordinator of Service Learning, commencing Term 1 2021.
About the role
The Radford College Service Learning program is a powerful means of fostering a belief within students that they can be active and informed citizens, capable of making changes in their own lives as well as the lives of others. The Acting Service Learning Co-ordinator has the opportunity to work with young people and engage them in making the connection between the service, their own learning objectives and their roles as citizens. More detail about the Service Learning program at Radford can be found on our website, under The Radford Experience.
Working at Radford College
At Radford College, we have a commitment to developing individuals into keen learners prepared to negotiate a future we cannot yet imagine. The Acting Co-ordinator of Service Learning works conscientiously to support the Head of Secondary School and the Assistant Principals to achieve the goal of providing our students with a holistic and inspiring education that enables them to reach their full potential.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Professional Learning financial support
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to gym facilities and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
Perhaps a teacher, or former teacher or having undertaken youth work in some context, you will have experience using the MS Office suite extensively. You are a confident self-starter who enjoys building relationships with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation. You possess excellent communication skills, have a strong customer-service focus and can be relied upon to work autonomously. Candidates must:
- Be technically competent and confident (intermediate to high proficiency) in the MSOffice suite including Excel (entering and manipulating data, producing reports), Adobe (including Pro DC) and willing to learn other systems (e.g. Synergetic, Seqta)
- Demonstrate a passion for collaborative working as a member of the College community, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal, as well as excellent time management skills
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Be reliable and punctual
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Experience working with secondary school students, inside or outside a school setting
- The ability to support and model Service Learning principles
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Light Rigid Bus Licence preferable (or the ability to obtain one desirable)
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website http://www.radford.act.edu.au/quick-links/employment/. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Applications will be processed as they are received. If you are keen to apply, forward your application to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.