Student Support Assistant - 2 positions available, permanent full-time and permanent part-time
Commencing Term 1 2021, you will be assisting and participating in learning activities, preparing learning areas and activities, and providing individual assistance to students, particularly those with learning, physical, social or behavioural difficulties.
Suitably experienced and qualified applicants are invited to apply for a permanent full-time Student Support Assistant role in the Early Learning Centre and a permanent part-time Student Support Assistant role in the Junior School.
We are looking for two Student Support Assistant to join our dynamic, co-operative team, to provide a vibrant, dynamic and innovative educational program for the Pre-Kindergarten children in the Early Learning Centre or the students in Years 1-6 in the Junior School.
About the Role
You will be assisting and participating in learning activities, preparing learning areas and activities, and providing individual assistance to students, particularly those with learning, physical, social or behavioural difficulties.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Professional Learning financial support
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to gym facilities and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
The successful candidate will demonstrate confidence working with children and have an active interest in inquiry pedagogy. They will be a confident self-starter who enjoys building relationships with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the College.
- Demonstrate a passion for collaborative working as a member of a high-functioning team, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Work as a member of a team to support children’s engagement and success as learners
- Support the acquisition of essential knowledge and skills, development of conceptual understanding, and the development of positive attitudes
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Be reliable and punctual
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Relevant Early Childhood Education and Care qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualifications
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Passion for working with children
- Active interest in inquiry pedagogy
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website http://www.radford.act.edu.au/quick-links/employment/. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 17 January 2021, and should be addressed to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.