MLC School is looking for a dynamic and passionate Geography Teacher to join us in Term 1 2021.
Part Time Ongoing Position 0.5FTE, increasing to 0.7FTE in Term 2 2021
Start date: Term 1 2021
Closing date: 28 January 2021
About MLC School
Founded in 1886 MLC School is an Australian Independent Girls’ School of the Uniting Church in Australia. MLC School’s mission is to educate and inspire young women to be fearless thinkers with moral courage and compassion to be agents of change in their own lives and the lives of others.
Our academic, co-curricular and pastoral care programs are responsive to the changing needs of these complex times and encourage girls to take measured risks, embrace innovation and adapt to change.
Who is the MLC School girl?
The MLC School girl is empowered with skills and capabilities that enable her to be adaptive, compassionate and courageous. She embraces new challenges and opportunities; and strives for excellence. She is cared for and well supported so that she can confidently focus on her own individual, personal and academic growth.
The MLC School girl is at the heart of everything we do.
About the position
The Geography Teacher is responsible for designing and delivering innovative teaching programs aligned to the learning philosophies, policies and practices of MLC School. This position works in collaboration within the HSIE Department to facilitate learning within a collaborative environment to cultivate student creativity, independence and confidence.
- Demonstrated capacity to teach secondary Geography including HSC and support outstanding results
- Experience, or an interest, in teaching the IB Diploma Programme
- Ability to engage students through the planning and delivery of high impact learning experiences
- Experience as a classroom teacher
- Strong commitment to ongoing development of classroom practice and a collaborative approach to teaching and learning
- Confident IT capabilities that can support innovative classroom experiences and contribute to blended learning environment
- Secondary School Teacher qualification approved by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a number of exciting benefits including:
- Professional learning opportunities
- Salary packaging
- Discounted School fees
- Onsite parking
- Access to the School’s gym and indoor Aquatic Centre
Please include a copy of your academic transcript with your CV and Cover Letter. Visit https://mlcs.connxcareers.com/Job/Details/1788020dc7c14011ba21a924e334a79b to submit your application.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. MLC School reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
We do not welcome interest from recruitment agencies at this time.