Teacher of Economics and Business
- The School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and collaborative teacher who will assist the Department in its quest for excellence in Economics and Business Studies
- CGS is a vibrant and rewarding place to work with staff who are engaging, innovative, and are committed to helping our students be ready for the world
- Position commences Term 1, 2021
- Applications close: Monday, 1 March at 9.00am.
- Canberra Grammar School reserves the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found.
Canberra Grammar School is a leading co-educational independent day and boarding school offering outstanding academic education, co-curricular opportunities and pastoral care to students of all backgrounds and faiths within a community guided by Anglican values.
Our fundamental aspiration is to educate students who are curious, creative, confident and compassionate young citizens of the world.
The School is a vibrant and rewarding workplace with a strong commitment to professional learning and to nurturing excellent conditions in a superb campus environment. It offers highly competitive salary and superannuation, as well as attractive salary packaging arrangements, and a range of staff benefits, including parking, discounted lunches, flu vaccinations, employee assistance programmes, school fee concessions, and generous professional development funding.
For more information about the School, please visit: https://cgs.act.edu.au/
About the Role
The School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and collaborative teacher who will assist the School in its quest for excellence in learning and teaching. The successful candidate will be experienced, qualified and ideally capable of teaching from Years 7 to 12.
The successful candidate will also be keen to play an active role in the classroom, in pastoral care, in co-curricular and in the broad life of the School community.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and passionate teacher to join a dynamic and highly effective school.
As a teacher, the role-holder is expected to demonstrate:
- proven passion for the learning and holistic development of students in and beyond the classroom
- proven experience of modelling outstanding teaching practice in and beyond the classroom
- proven subject expertise and the ability to teach inclusively across a broad age and ability range
- proven commitment to collaborative professional engagement and professional learning
- experience of, or willingness to train for, teaching the Australian Curriculum and, where relevant, the Higher School Certificate and/or the International Baccalaureate
- enthusiastic commitment to participating in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular program
- clear commitment to respecting the School’s Anglican ethos and spirit of inclusion
- firm commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
CGS is an employer who promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including various professional development opportunities; superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff); a range of salary sacrifice benefits; access to the health clinic and annual influenza vaccinations, staff organisations/associations and representation, an employee assistance programme. And staff awards programme; and many other benefits which you can read about by visiting https://cgs.act.edu.au/employment/
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees of the School must be eligible to work with children in accordance with ACT Working with Vulnerable People checks, and all teachers at the School must have teacher registration, provisional registration or a permit to teach issued by the ACT Teacher Quality Institute prior to starting their employment.
How to Apply
For more information about this position, to view the position description and apply please follow the link https://cgs.bigredsky.com/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=543189