Learning Enrichment Teacher
MLC School is looking for an experienced and dedicated Learning Enrichment Teacher who will educate and inspire young women to be fearless thinkers with moral courage and compassion to be agents of change in their own lives and in the lives of others.
About MLC School
Founded in 1886, MLC School is an independent, nonselective Uniting Church school for girls from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 in Sydney’s inner-west. Our tagline ‘dare to be more’ is not only our goal for our students, it applies equally to our staff.
Our highly professional staff, under the guidance of Principal Ms Lisa Moloney, challenge girls and encourage them to question traditional perceptions and roles of women.
The MLC School girl is at the heart of everything we do.
Who is the MLC School girl?
The MLC School girl is empowered with skills and capabilities that enable her to be adaptive, compassionate and courageous so she can confidently take her place in an ever-changing society. She embraces new challenges and opportunities; and strives for excellence. She is cared for and well supported so that she can confidently focus on her own individual, personal and academic growth. A wide selection of subject choices, as well as an extensive co-curricular program, aims to empower girls to be self-reliant and play an active role in their futures.
About the position
The Learning Enrichment Teacher at MLC School reports to the Director of Enrichment and Differentiation (DoE&D) and actively develops and coordinates innovative teaching programs to address the identified learning needs of students. Enrichment at MLC School is targeted to meet the needs of students at all points upon the learning continuum for students of all abilities. Programs reflect the strategic goals and priorities of the School and include tracking of individual student progress and ongoing consultation with staff to implement appropriate differentiated strategies.
As a member of the Learning Enrichment Team at MLC School, the Learning Enrichment Teacher works collaboratively with classroom teachers, external professionals, other school specialists and families to ensure that each student is motivated, encouraged and supported to reach her personal best.
- Teacher qualification approved by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Qualification in Special Education
- Experience in teaching Stage 2 to Stage 4
- Experience in working with EAL/D, visual-impaired students or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students will be advantageous
You will be able to demonstrate your ability and commitment to:
- Establishing trusting relationships with students whilst setting high expectations.
- Maintaining records of progress, supported by the collection of data and ongoing review of students learning profiles.
- Amending, where appropriate, programs and assessments in collaboration with teachers.
- Working in a coteaching model with classroom teachers.
- Teaching one to one and/or in small groups and/or staff teams as appropriate.
- Providing ongoing communication with parents to fosters an inclusive relationship ensuring students are supported in an ongoing, pro-active manner.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a number of excellent benefits including:
- Dedicated focus on professional growth and development
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- State of the art facilities and collegiate environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging and access to LSL after 5 years’ service
- Discounted School fees
- Onsite parking, easy access to public transport and Westfield Shopping Centre
- Access to the School’s gym and indoor Aquatic Centre
How to apply:
All applications are to be submitted via MLC School’s online Careers Portal and include:
- a cover letter addressing the vacancy being applied for;
- a resume;
- a copy of your academic transcript; and
- the names and contact details of three confidential referees.
You must upload your application in a single PDF document.
Applications close on 10 March 2021.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only and MLC School reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
We do not welcome interest from recruitment agencies at this time.