Head of Learning Resources & Information Services
- Permanent, full-time, position commencing Semester 2
- leading the Library team at our Wheelers Hill Campus (ELC to Year 12)
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic and highly motivated teacher-librarian for a permanent, full-time, position commencing Semester 2, leading the Library team at our Wheelers Hill Campus (ELC to Year 12). Caulfield Grammar School is continuing an exciting period of curriculum development. Both Junior Schools were authorised to deliver the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) in 2017 and the Middle Schools are in the accreditation stage for the Middle Years Programme (MYP).
Applicants must have a proven understanding of the role teacher librarians can play in the delivery and functioning of a contemporary school library program. A key part of this role will be developing a larger electronic footprint in the library, promoting ICT and eLearning.
This role requires:
- experience in leading a team within the education sector
- strong knowledge of the IB MYP framework, contemporary curriculum and pedagogy combined with library and information management knowledge and skills
- ability to work with Teaching and Learning teams and library staff to integrate information literacies into the curriculum through collaboration, planning, implementation and assessment of learning activities
- clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum and the opportunities it offers teacher librarians to collaborate with colleagues to improve teaching practice and learner outcomes
- knowledge and experience with current and emerging digital technologies and a proven ability to develop the eLibrary
- all employee to model and live the Caulfield Grammar School values and behaviours
The successful candidate must have:
- Both Teaching and Librarianship qualifications
- Leadership experience
- Experience in the International Baccalaureate framework
- Current VIT registration
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
At Caulfield Grammar School, we are unique as we work to a specialist employee model. The construct of our professional learning program provides significant time each week for our teaching staff to focus on their professional learning.
Our purpose is to enable quality learning every day in every experience for every learner, for life.
Please see the attached position description for further information regarding this opportunity.
Enquiries to: [email protected]
Applications close: 11 April 2021