Subject Coordinator of Innovative Design
- Join a progressive learning community in Cremorne
- Innovative teaching and learning platform
- Full-time, ongoing position (leadership component reviewed every three years) commencing Term 3 2021
Redlands is a dynamic, leading Sydney independent school, providing a diverse, co-educational P-12 learning environment with an innovative, flexible and research-based teaching practice. The School is founded in the Anglican tradition, based upon established Christian values.
This is an opportunity for an innovative and flexible Subject Coordinator of Innovative Design to lead a department and join a supportive and engaging work environment that fosters diversity, communication and professional growth. The Subject Coordinator of Innovative Design will oversee the faculty team in delivering engaging and challenging learning experiences to students in the Secondary School.
The teaching component of this role will be ongoing, with the Subject Coordinator component to be reviewed after 3 years.
In addition to teaching duties, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the development and evaluation of teaching and learning programs which comply with the Redlands Learning Platform and the relevant NESA or IBO syllabus documents
- Leading the team through influence, inspiration and personal attentiveness to achieve growth learning outcomes for all students
- Setting performance goals for the team each year that align with those of the School as a whole
- Exercising leadership in current curriculum, planning, delivery and review when require and constant striving for outstanding pedagogical practice
- Ensuring that curriculum content knowledge among all the team is of a high standard and is kept current
- Constructing and managing an annual draft budget as required
The successful applicant will be an active leader of learning, have an understanding of inquiry-based learning, the ability to engage students in higher order thinking and be experienced in integrating technology into teaching and learning. Previous experience in a leadership position is preferred.
Applicants should have a willingness and capacity to actively engage in the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the School.
The successful applicant will have or be willing to obtain a paid NSW Working With Children Check as well as NESA registration, as requirements of this role.
Please refer to the Position Description available on the Redlands website to view the duties, responsibilities, skills and other general requirements for the role.
In your application please include the following:
- Cover letter
If you are invited to interview for the role, please bring evidence of your qualifications/transcripts with you.
Applications Close: 4pm Friday 16 April 2021.