Middle Years Programme Coordinator and Teacher
Behind every great school is a great team of people. We would love you to join our team at Diocesan School for Girls in Auckland.
Imagine being part of a school where your passion for teaching is actively nurtured. Where you have great technology and facilities at your fingertips. Where you are teaching students who are genuinely excited to learn. Sound appealing? We are one of New Zealand’s leading independent girls’ schools, with an outstanding reputation for our approach to curriculum design and learning. We welcome day students and boarders from preschool, right through to Year 13. Our academic record stands for itself, but Dio stands for so much more. We believe that education is an adventure involving creativity, imagination and discovery.
Are you our new Middle Years Programme (MYP) Coordinator and Teacher?
Behind every great school is a great team of people. We’d love you to join ours. Diocesan School for Girls is a proud dual pathway school, offering both NCEA and International Baccalaureate. The PYP and Diploma programmes have been in place for some time, and we are in the pre-authorisation stage for MYP.
We are looking for a registered teacher who will also be our new MYP Coordinator in this fulltime role. You’ll be responsible for the continued rollout of the MYP programme for our Junior High School (Years 7-10) as well as teaching in your specialist subject areas. In particular, we are looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience in the IB programme, and in particular MYP.
- Demonstrated excellence in pedagogy and teaching experience and a thorough understanding of curriculum.
- Passionate about teaching young women, and nurturing a caring environment where students are engaged, motivated and developed.
- An innovative, dynamic and engaging leader who drives positive change, has excellent planning and organisational skills, and contributes to a high trust, collegial team environment.
Please state your teaching subjects as part of your application.
Diocesan School for Girls is a place of academic, sporting and cultural excellence. We are a high performing independent Anglican School with girls who are motivated to learn. Our students have access to state of the art educational and sporting facilities. Our staff have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities. Our school is a place of innovation and inspiration, where we help girls develop skills for the ever-changing world.
What can we offer?
- Broad opportunities for continuing professional development
- Access to fitness centre, pool and physiotherapist services
- Covered staff car parking on site
- Competitive remuneration
Sound like you? Please apply online via our website https://www.diocesan.school.nz/employment-opportunities