MYP Classroom Music Teacher
- This is a fixed term position commencing 12 July 2021 until December 2022 with the possibility of ongoing employment.
- The time fraction will be negotiated (0.6 or more) depending on other teaching methods the successful candidate can offer.
- Experience in the IB is strongly preferred.
Preshil is a small, secular and progressive co-educational school for ages 3 and 4 through to Year 12. The students take an active role in their education and develop responsibility for their actions; they are encouraged to ask challenging questions, to know themselves, care for others and achieve excellence on their own terms.
The School has an expansive music culture which supports and includes students at all stages of their musical development, placing the joy of performance and sharing musical experiences as a priority. There is a vibrant instrumental and ensemble program.
Preshil is an authorized International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (DP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Primary Years Programme (PYP). Preshil seeks a skilled and enthusiastic Classroom Music teacher with the ability to teach the MYP, in a progressive, academic setting. Experience in the IB is strongly preferred.
General role description
- To have a strong background in Music teaching
- To be a practicing musician with industry experience
- To be able to contribute to the music program and co-curricula program in areas such as conducting, ensemble leadership, accompaniment, performance and productions
- To demonstrate outstanding discipline-based knowledge and experience in teaching Music in the Middle years, with preference given to candidates having IB experience
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes, co-curricular programs and individual students
- To be responsible for the day-to-day learning and management of classes and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities
- To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education
- To carry out other duties as directed by the Principal
A full position description is available on the preshil website https://preshil.vic.edu.au/our-school/jobs/
The letter of application, together with current CV and contact details for three referees (in one complete file) should be emailed to Kate Bowers, Human Resources Coordinator at [email protected]
Applications close: Tuesday 15 June at 10am
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 17 June (morning)
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and hold current VIT registration