Junior School Physical Education Teacher
Temporary part-time position commencing Term 3, 2021. The successful candidate will be an energetic educator who is motivated by thinking differently about teaching and learning and who is driven by the creation of engaging and dynamic learning experiences for our students.
Physical Education Teacher
Junior School Pre K - Y6
Commencing Term 3, 2021
We are looking for a suitably qualified a teacher to fill a temporary part-time position, commencing Term 3 2021 for Semester Two.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and consider yourself to be an energetic, passionate educator who is deeply committed to the principles and practices of IB education, and you thrive on creating engaging and dynamic learning experiences for students, this is your opportunity to be part of the progressive, future focused, thriving independent school.
Our teachers must be committed to collaborative and reflective practice, are able to work effectively as part of a high performing team, and are dedicated to upholding our collective values of truth, compassion and wisdom, which forms the ethos and foundations of our College community.
Teaching and Learning at Radford College
With a focus on high-quality teaching to improve student learning outcomes, Radford College is committed to collaborative and reflective practices which enhance professional learning and growth. As such, we require our teachers to be able to work effectively as part of a high performing team and to be dedicated to upholding our values of truth, compassion and wisdom, which form the ethos and foundation of our College community. To support our teachers in becoming expert teachers, able to make deliberate choices about the strategies they use in classrooms, there is a strong emphasis on collaboration through an on-site Teacher Mentor, established Communities of Practice and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Guided Professional Learning for teaching staff to maintain professional registration standards
- Professional Learning financial support for teaching and non-teaching staff
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to exercise programs (boot camp and Pilates) and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
The successful candidate will be an energetic educator who is motivated by thinking differently about teaching and learning and who is driven by the creation of engaging and dynamic learning experiences for our students. Candidates must:
- Demonstrate a passion for both teaching and pursuing innovative thinking through differentiated and individualised lessons
- Collaboratively plan and implement programs within the PE Team
- Support the carnivals, swimming programs and other primary years sporting events
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal, as well as excellent time management skills
- Participate in pastoral and co-curricular programs, including student wellbeing initiatives, school camps and excursions
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Teaching qualification recognised by the ACT Department of Education
- Maintain registration as a teacher with the Teacher Quality Institute, including WWVP
- Current First Aid Certificate
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website http://www.radford.act.edu.au/quick-links/employment/. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Applications will be processed as they are received.
The Application should be addressed to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.