Hunter Valley Grammar School is seeking to employ a full-time permanent Teacher Librarian. As the Teacher Librarian you will work collaboratively with Heads of Faculty, curriculum leaders and teaching staff within HVGS to advocate and support the development of reading, literacy and literacy with students and teachers across P-12.
The Library Information Services Team consists of Teacher Librarians and Library Technicians, offering access to an extensive range of resources relevant to the information needs of learners. The team work closely with teachers and students to develop tasks meaningful to curriculum studies, as well as support the development of multiliteracies and multilinguisim.
About the School
Hunter Valley Grammar School is an independent, non-selective, non-denominational, coeducational day school for students from Preschool – Year 12.
Located two hours north of Sydney – at the gateway to the beautiful Hunter Valley – we are in one of the fastest growing regional centres in NSW. With a diverse range of employment and recreational activities, we enjoy an all-encompassing valley lifestyle with easy access to the mountains, vineyards, and beaches.
We are a values-rich learning community and we set high expectations for all students to fulfil their potential – inside and outside the classroom.
You are a highly dedicated Teacher Librarian you will:
- Be accredited with NESA (or be eligible for accreditation) and hold tertiary qualifications in Teacher Librarianship.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of NESA syllabuses.
- Collaboratively plan, teach and evaluate units of work across P-12.
- Have Demonstrated abilities as a dynamic and adaptive teacher with a passion for learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the IB philosophy and framework.
- Focus on Inquiry pedagogy and the explicit teaching of multiliteracy skills.
- Understand contemporary knowledge of library trends and practices.
- Support development of curriculum and integration of new syllabuses.
- Be responsible for developing a clear knowledge of the students in her/his class and be able to account to parents concerning their progress.
The salary for this position aligns with the Independent Schools NSW/ACT Standards Model (Teachers) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017. You will be paid in alignment with your level of accreditation.
How to apply
Enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Human Resources via email [email protected]
To apply for this role, you are required to submit your CV and an application form to [email protected].
To learn more, visit our website at https://www.hvgs.nsw.edu.au/about/employment/
Applications close on Monday 18 June 2021
No recruiters please
HVGS is an equal opportunity employer
All staff must hold a Current Working With Children Check