Hunter Valley Grammar School seeks to appoint a full-time permanent teacher of English to start Monday 26 July, Week 3 Term 3, or by negotiation.
Applicants are expected to be able to teach up to Stage 6 English Advanced and have demonstrated success in delivering outstanding results.
Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) and/or a willingness to undertake Professional Learning to teach the IB MYP is expected.
About the School
Hunter Valley Grammar School is an independent, non-selective, non-denominational, coeducational day school for students from Preschool – Year 12.
Located two hours north of Sydney – at the gateway to the beautiful Hunter Valley – we are in one of the fastest growing regional centres in NSW. With a diverse range of employment and recreational activities, we enjoy an all-encompassing valley lifestyle with easy access to the mountains, vineyards, and beaches.
We are a values-rich learning community and we set high expectations for all students to fulfil their potential – inside and outside the classroom.
You are a highly dedicated professional and a passionate English teacher who meets the following essential criteria:
- Ability to teach up to Stage 6 English Advanced and have demonstrated success in delivering outstanding results.
- Demonstrated experience in, or an understanding of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP).
- Willingness to actively engage in the wellbeing program of the school, including taking a Mentor Group each morning and during scheduled wellbeing periods, contribute to wellbeing reporting, monitoring, and mentoring of student development.
- Understand Guided Inquiry and be able to successfully implement it in the classroom.
- Understand and show commitment to the Australian Professional Standards for Teaching.
- Possess proven ability to incorporate modern technologies into their teaching practice and convey passion about classroom innovation.
- Possess a valid Working with Children Check.
The salary for this position aligns with the Independent Schools NSW (Teachers) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017. You will be paid in alignment with your level of accreditation.
How to apply
Enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Human Resources via email [email protected]
To apply for this role, you are required to submit your CV and an application form to [email protected]
To learn more, visit our website at https://www.hvgs.nsw.edu.au/about/employment/ [link removed]
Applications close on Monday 21 June 2021