Casual Teachers - Junior and Senior
We are seeking expressions of interest from talented and experienced Primary and Secondary Teachers to join our teaching team in a casual capacity.
About the School
Hunter Valley Grammar School is an independent, non-selective, non-denominational, coeducational day school for students from Preschool – Year 12.
Located two hours north of Sydney – at the gateway to the beautiful Hunter Valley – we are in one of the fastest growing regional centres in NSW. With a diverse range of employment and recreational activities, we enjoy an all-encompassing valley lifestyle with easy access to the mountains, vineyards, and beaches.
We are a values-rich learning community and we set high expectations for all students to fulfil their potential – inside and outside the classroom.
You are a highly dedicated professional and a passionate teacher who meets the following essential criteria:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students, other educators, parents, and support classroom teachers to assist all students to reach their full potential.
- A proven ability to incorporate modern technologies into their teaching practice and is passionate about classroom innovation.
- Understand Guided Inquiry and be able to successfully implement it in the classroom.
- Have sound knowledge of the NESA syllabus outcomes for Primary Education.
- Understand and is committed to the Australian Professional Standards for Teaching.
- Ability to create a vibrant, friendly, cheerful learning environment.
- A proven history as a lifelong learner and possesses a genuine desire for self-improvement.
- A passion for student wellbeing.
- Ability to collaboratively work within a professional learning team.
- You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject.
- A valid Working with Children Check.
- Previous experience teaching within an International Baccalaureate school is desirable but not essential.
The salary for this position aligns with the Independent Schools NSW (Teachers) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017. You will be paid in alignment with your level of accreditation.
How to apply
Enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Human Resources via email [email protected]
To apply for this role, you are required to complete an application form on our website at https://www.hvgs.nsw.edu.au/about/employment/