Year 6 teacher
- Charles Weston School Coombs is a large P-6 primary school in the new growth area of the Molonglo Valley (ACT).
- An exciting opportunity exists for a class teacher of year 6. We seek an enthusiastic educator with PYP experience.
- Full time contract commencing 12 July/ASAP until 26 January 2022 with the possibility of extension.
Charles Weston School is a large primary school in the Molonglo Valley (South Weston Network) catering for students Preschool – Year 6. Our diverse school community has a strong focus on inclusion and inquiry where we foster student agency and create a supportive environment for all learners to achieve. We are a candidate school with the IB Primary Years Programme currently applying for authorization. We are a Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) school and our values are Growth Mindset, Respect, Organisation and Wellbeing (GROW). Please visit our website for more detailed information at: https://www.charlesweston.act.edu.au/
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate teacher to join our year six team. The year six exhibition will take place during term three and students have begun work on their exhibition unit of inquiry.
Teachers at Charles Weston School are a part of the South Weston Network of the ACT Education Directorate and work under the conditions set out by the Directorate. At Charles Weston School teachers meet with their teaching teams weekly for a 90 minute collaborative planning session. Planning meetings are held using a PLC structure. Teachers are expected to assess, plan and deliver skills and content as part of a team. Team teaching is encouraged.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be knowledgeable of the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), or Inquiry learning;
- Demonstrate understanding of the Australian Curriculum;
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate organisational and administrative skills;
- Comply with the ACT Directorate’s Code of Conduct, policy and regulatory requirements;
- Commit to student wellbeing and inclusive principles,
- Bachelor of Education, or equivalent;
- ACT TQI registration (or ability to obtain before commencement);
- Current Working with Vulnerable People registration;
Please submit current CV with referee details and 2 page statement against selection criteria. In this statement you must provide work practice examples aligned to Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, for more information see Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership website.
Email your statement against selection criteria, CV and referee details to [email protected]
For further information please contact the principal, Nicole Nicholson (02) 6142 0404 or email [email protected]
Successful applicants will be required to complete application package prior to commencement.
For further information please see link below;