Director of Human Resources
- One of Australia’s leading Independent and International Baccalaureate Schools
- Design, develop and embed new Human Resources processes
- Maximize the College's biggest asset, its People
Somerset College is a leading non-denominational co-educational Pre-Prep to Year 12 School emphasising excellence in academic, cultural and sporting pursuits, fostering Personal Success with a Global Outlook.
Applications are invited for the position of Director of Human Resources at Somerset College. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to design, develop and embed new Human Resources processes for the College. This full-time position will commence in Term Three and requires expertise in the following:
- Strategic Management
- Recruitment, Selection and Retention
- Employee Relations, Administration and Compliance
- Industrial Relations
- Teamwork and Communication
The Director of Human Resources is broadly responsible for maximizing the College's biggest asset, its people; including the development, implementation, coordination and administration of the Human Resources policies, programmes and activities to ensure the availability and effective use of Human Resources to achieve the College’s strategic objectives; and to ensure the College is compliant with external requirements. This involves providing both general and specialist Human Resources support and advises relevant stakeholders about Human Resource processes and issues.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the end-to-end attraction and selection process, as well as providing specialist advice and coaching to hiring managers. They will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the College’s staffing policies, processes, and systems. They will contribute specialist knowledge and insights to the development and implementation of the College’s Employee Expectations document. They will also develop and implement a program of upskilling hiring managers in contemporary and effective recruitment processes.
To be successful, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and manage organisation structural change.
- Experience with facilitation of performance development and management.
- Helped manage performance management processes in a fair, legally compliant and effective way.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Business Management, Psychology or similar.
- Proven ability to manage Workers Compensation matters, including Rehabilitation and Return to Work for staff.
- Strong customer focus.
- Experience in a previous role encompassing all aspects of Human Resources, employment development and change management.
- Demonstrated a track record in negotiating Enterprise Bargaining Agreements and managing complex industrial relations issues.
- Demonstrated an ability to develop and implement a range of contemporary and effective Human Resource strategies.
- Previous experience in developing or managing remuneration, compensation and benefits frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to develop capabilities, including leadership, across an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative and collaborative management skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent personal organisation, planning and time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage competing demands, and plan and coordinate resources to meet deadlines.
- A high level of motivation and a positive attitude and ability to work with and coach others.
- An ability to think creatively and conceptually when approaching problems.
- A valid Queensland Working with Children Paid Blue Card
- An ability to actively support the initiatives of the College, be forward-looking and strive for continual improvement.
- Be submitted using the Somerset College Online Application Form available at www.somerset.qld.edu.au/contact/employment-opportunities, which will require a number of files to be uploaded including a letter of application, CV, evidence of your qualifications, Statement/s of Service and if you have one, a Queensland Paid Blue Card. The contact details of three referees are to be provided.
- Be complete and submitted by 9.00am, Monday 5 July 2021.
Interested candidates should review the position description, details of the College's expectations and information about our Facilities and Strategic Plan and the application process on the Somerset College website.
It is an expectation that the successful applicant will live on the Gold Coast.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those short listed will be contacted.
Applications Close: 9.00am Monday 5 July 2021