Teacher - Junior Campus
A role has arisen for an experienced and caring Teacher to join our Junior Campus team in a permanent full-time capacity commencing in January 2022
Launceston Church Grammar School is an Anglican co-educational day and boarding community where global learners and leaders are nurtured, challenged and inspired to serve and shape our world with courage, curiosity, creativity and compassion.
At our Junior Campus, learning takes place in beautiful environments that promote play, discovery and creative exploration. We are an accredited International Baccalaureate (IB) World School and the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) inform our practice. Learning is a holistic experience that integrates social-emotional, physical and cognitive development for the children in our care.
A role has arisen for an experienced and caring Teacher to join our Junior Campus team in a permanent full-time capacity commencing in January 2022.
Applicants will have:
• sound knowledge of the Australian Curriculum as it relates to the teaching of Primary Education,
• previous experience teaching within a Primary school environment is preferred
• previous experience in an IB Primary Years Programme school will be highly regarded,
• demonstrated high level communication skills,
• confidence in the use of technology and a willingness to embrace it to enhance learning,
• personal attributes including dependability, adaptability/flexibility, integrity, concern for others, cooperation, initiative, achievement/effort and attention to detail.
• tertiary qualifications in Education,
• current registration with the Tasmanian Teacher’s Registration Board, or be eligible for registration,
• current registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Tasmania) or be eligible for registration.
• are committed to supporting the wellbeing of children,
All our staff participate in events, activities and co-curricular programs as well as undertake professional duties and meetings as required.
Applicants are expected to support the ethos and values of an independent Anglican School.
Launceston Grammar is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Remuneration will be in accordance with the Launceston Church Grammar School (Teachers) Enterprise Agreement. The Position Description, Application Form and Information for Applicants documents are available for download at https://www.lcgs.tas.edu.au/about/employment/.
Our Junior Campus is located in East Launceston. There is no better place to live and teach than in Launceston in 2022. Learn more at www.livelaunceston.com.au
Applications are required by 5pm on Monday 27 September 2021.