Biblical Studies Teacher
The King’s School Preparatory School is seeking applications from Biblical Studies teachers wanting to join an innovative and dynamic team, commencing Term 1, 2022.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The King’s School Preparatory School is seeking applications from Biblical Studies teachers wanting to join an innovative and dynamic team.
The Preparatory School is a Pre K–6 school that seeks to inspire students as inquirers, thinkers and global citizens. The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of educators, utilising innovative pedagogy and personalised pastoral care. The 320 acre campus provides a unique opportunity for experiential teaching, adventure and professional creativity. There are extensive opportunities for professional learning, leadership training, mentorship and development.
Please note, this is a permanent part time (0.6 FTE) opportunity commencing Term 1, 2022 at The King's Preparatory School in North Parramatta.
The School values humility, honesty, respect, responsibility, integrity, compassion and excellence. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned with these values.
The successful applicant will have:
• A vibrant Christian faith and attendance at an evangelical Church
• An in-depth understanding of the Bible with a Diploma of Theology or higher from a recognised Bible College affiliated with the Australian College of Theology
• Experience leading Chapel services and occasionally speaking at them—advantageous
• An ability to develop strong relationships with students and a passion for boys’ education
• A high level of pedagogical understanding in both inquiry and explicit teaching, with a knowledge of a PYP framework desirable
• An excellent understanding of assessment informed practice
• Strong communication skills
• A high level of collaborative practice
• A commitment to professional learning and continuous improvement
• Ability to contribute to the School community through involvement in Co-curricular activities
The King’s School, Australia's oldest independent school, is a Christian community that seeks to make an outstanding impact for the good of society. The staff at King's are supportive and enthusiastic professionals, who respect the Christian ethos of the School and contribute in a way that balances the needs of the School and the staff's unique talents and interests. Our team is focused on developing Global Thought Leaders through developing Academic Excellence with Character Development in the context of Christian Community.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses:
a) the reason for your interest
b) how your skills and experience suit the role
To access the position description and/or to find out more information about the role please visit the King’s careers page.
The King's School has a zero-tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, the wellbeing of children and protecting children from abuse. To ensure the safeguarding of our students, all employees must have a current Employee Working with Children Check before commencing work. In addition, included throughout the recruitment process are checks of suitability for employment with children.
Applications close Wednesday 29, September 2021 at 4.00pm.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact People and Culture by email [email protected]