Design Technologies Teacher
A dynamic and creative educator is required to join our Wheelers Hill Campus commencing January 2022.
The successful applicant will be a team player with a sound understanding of the principles of teaching and learning, possess a passion for learning and have the ability to inspire this in students. You will demonstrate a strong commitment to evidence based practice and Professional Development. You will be a key member of a dedicated and highly motivated team of teachers working in an innovative and supportive learning environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational educator to develop curriculum in a rapidly growing learning area.
- Review and assess students at the beginning of each program
- Integrate Formative Assessment Techniques
- Provide a flexible program that caters for individual students
- Deliver learning programs that demonstrate research based knowledge of how students learn
- Evaluate personal teaching and learning programs including feedback from students and assessment data to inform planning
- Model high expectations to enable a safe and supportive classroom culture
- Provide continuous feedback within school standards and guidelines
- Actively participate in professional development activities
- Model and live the Caulfield Grammar School values and behaviours
- Teaching qualifications
- Passion for development of innovative design technologies curriculum.
- Commitment to applying design thinking to facilitate student centred learning in a project-based learning environment.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development with cutting edge technologies.
- Knowledge and experience teaching in a workshop or 'makerspace' required.
- Knowledge and experience teaching using CAD/CAM desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with microcontrollers and physical computing an advantage.
- MYP experience highly regarded.
- An understanding of IB philosophy a strong advantage.
- Current VIT Registration.
At Caulfield Grammar School, we are unique as we work to a specialist employee model. Our professional sports coaching program means that our teaching staff are able to enjoy regular weekly professional development and they aren’t required to coach sport on weekends.
Our purpose is to enable quality learning every day in every experience for every learner, for life.
Applications close: 3 October 2021
Enquiries to: [email protected]
Applications must be made online at: Caulfield Grammar School Opportunities