Permanent Teaching Positions 2022
The College is seeking dynamic professionals to join our teaching staff in 2022 on our Secondary Campus (Years 7-12)
Santa Sabina College Strathfield is a P-12 Catholic School in the Dominican tradition educating students to achieve personal excellence, to act with justice and compassion, and to embrace the future with an optimistic global vision. Located across eight hectares in Strathfield in Sydney’s multicultural inner west and enrolling over 1230 students, we offer a comprehensive co-education on our Del Monte Campus for P-4 and for girls 5-12 on our Santa Sabina Campus. Our outdoor education campus, Tallong, is located on 97 hectares in the Southern Highlands.
Our Early Education Centre (Mary Bailey House) and Out of School Hours (OOSH) services are located in the grounds of the Primary (Del Monte) Campus. Mary Bailey House provides education and care for children aged from six weeks to five years and the College also operates three separate OOSH services for five-year-olds to Year 6 students. OOSH provides before school, after school and vacation care for children during school holiday periods.
Santa Sabina College is seeking dynamic professionals with an ability to inspire students through engaging and challenging teaching. Knowledge of the Australian and NSW Curriculums as well as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme would be highly regarded. There is an expectation that all teachers actively participate and contribute to the broader life of the College, including student wellbeing, co-curricular activities and outdoor education experiences.
The following permanent full-time teaching positions are available on our Secondary Campus (Years 7-12) commencing 21 January 2022:
The successful candidates will:
- support and commit to the Catholic Dominican Mission of the College
- be an experienced and qualified teacher of PDHPE/Music
- demonstrate knowledge of recent developments in the specialised teaching area, NESA syllabi, assessment and reporting requirements
- demonstrate an understanding of innovative, contemporary education practices that are student-centred, technology-rich and differentiated
- possess outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team, including effective co-planning and co-teaching skills
- hold current teacher accreditation with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) or be eligible for registration.
The ability to teach across other key learning areas, including the IBDP would be advantageous.
How to apply:
- download and complete a teacher employment application form from the College website: https://www.ssc.nsw.edu.au/about-santa-sabina/employment/.
- submit the employment application form along with a current curriculum vitae and a letter of application addressed to the College Principal, Ms Paulina Skerman via email to [email protected]
- you must provide the contact details for three referees.
- for further information please contact the People, Culture and Professional Learning Team on (02) 9745 7037.
Applications close: 4pm Friday 1 October 2021.
The College is committed to the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. The successful applicant will be required to have a current Working with Children Check and be committed to our Child Protection Policy.