Primary School Teacher
- The School is seeking outstanding Primary School Teachers to inspire students.
- Fixed-Term Contract positions available in 2022
- An exciting opportunity to work with a team committed to making a difference in the lives of children.
About the School
Canberra Grammar School is a leading co-educational independent Anglican School founded in 1929. The School’s main campus is set on 20 hectares at the foot of Red Hill, just south of Lake Burley Griffin, close to Parliament House and the lively social precincts of Manuka and Kingston.
CGS is committed to delivering the highest standard of education, inspiring students to achieve personal excellence within a warm and inclusive community environment. The School is a vibrant and rewarding workplace with a strong commitment to professional learning and to nurturing excellent conditions in a superb campus environment. The School employs staff who are passionate and energetic in their profession and place student learning and wellbeing at the forefront of all they do.
Benefits of Working at CGS
CGS is an employer that promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including:
- A highly competitive salary and superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff)
- Attractive salary packaging arrangements
- Free barista-made coffee daily
- Delicious daily morning tea and discounted lunches
- Annual influenza vaccinations
- Employee assistance program
- School fee concessions upon completion of your probationary period
- Staff awards program and generous professional development funding.
About the Role
Canberra Grammar School is accepting applications from experienced and outstanding Primary School Teachers to inspire students in 2022. As a Primary School Teacher, you will provide a positive learning environment that values and engages students, empowering them to attain high levels of achievement, continually improve their learning and be ready for the world.
You are dedicated, passionate and possess the following:
- Proven experience to develop innovative academic pathways to achieve outstanding academic results for all students.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other members of staff.
- Primary Years Program experience or an understanding of Inquiry pedagogy.
- The ability to be committed to having high expectations for all students with a focus on pastoral and academic excellence.
- Administrative and organisational skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the full life of an Independent school and a willingness to engage in School activities out of regular hours.
How to Apply
- Visit CGS.ACT.EDU.AU/EMPLOYMENT to access the position description.
- Please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (addressing the selection criteria on the Position Description)
CGS is proud to be a School that takes child protection very seriously. All candidates for roles at Canberra Grammar School are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.