Product Design Teacher
- Full-time, fixed-term contract commencing Term 1 2022 (Semester 1)
- Working in a dynamic and progressive education environment
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and inspiring Product Design Teacher to support our secondary students at our Senior Campus.
Located on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, Woodleigh School is an independent, coeducational school comprising two Junior Campuses, Minimbah in Frankston South and Penbank in Moorooduc and a Senior Campus in Langwarrin South.
At the heart of a Woodleigh education is our commitment to the holistic development of every student within our school. We provide a nurturing and challenging environment that supports students to develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions that they will need to thrive, at and beyond school. We aim to develop independent, resilient, creative and compassionate individuals who can find personal success in life, while making a positive contribution to the communities in which they live.
This role is for a proficient and inspirational teacher of Product Design (Manual Arts) and is suited to those who have the knowledge and experience to teach from Years 7 to 12, while also contributing to the School’s Camp and Activities programs. Involvement in teaching International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme would be considered important to the role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing learning and teaching programs using knowledge of MYP, Victorian curriculum and VCAA assessment and reporting requirements
- Undertaking teaching from Year 7 -12
- Using effective teaching strategies to integrate ICT into learning and teaching programs to make selected content relevant and meaningful.
- Selecting and using relevant teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and critical and creative thinking.
- Oversee and enable the Design and Technology Program from Years 9 – 12 and relevant units in the Activities Program at Senior Campus.
- Support and encourage Assistant Design and Technology Teachers.
- Be capable of Servicing and Maintaining existing Woodworking and Metal Fabricating machinery.
- Maintain positive relationships with established timber, steel and hardware suppliers.
- Undertaking other duties as required and which are relevant to the position, as directed by the Learning Area Leader or Head of Campus.
Experience and Skills:
- An understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Relevant classroom teaching experience or experience working with children
- Professional practice that is strongly aligned with the expectations of The Woodleigh Teacher
- High level of skill in the use of Manual Arts tools, materials, equipment and machinery
Conditions of Employment:
- A VIT Registration is required for this position.
- Qualification and First Aid Training confirmation is required for this position.
If you have any queries relating to this position please contact Andrea De Jong, Learning Area Leader Design – [email protected].
Please email [email protected] for a copy of the Position Description.
For further details on Woodleigh, please visit our website.
Applications should be addressed to HR and submitted by 5pm Tuesday 28 September 2021.
To apply click here
Woodleigh School is an equal opportunity employer. Woodleigh School is committed to a Child Safe school environment and has zero tolerance of child abuse.