Senior School Learning Support Teacher
- Permanent full time position
- To commence Term 1, 2022
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church Prep to Year 12 day and boarding school for girls located on Sydney’s North Shore. Ravenswood offers both the HSC and the IB Diploma Programme as well as the PYP in the Junior School. It is a school where students enjoy outstanding academic success supported by innovative teaching practices that are underpinned by a whole school approach to Positive Education.
We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished Senior School Learning Support Teacher to work within the Learning Enrichment Department, providing educational support to classroom teachers and students.
To be successful in securing this position, you will have demonstrated knowledge and skills in learning support encompassing:
- An understanding of the full range of student learner variability and how to meet the individual needs of those with learning difference and disability.
- Knowledge of current research and best practice in teaching neuro-diverse learners and the Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- An understanding of the legal obligations required to support students’ access to learning programs on the same basis as other students.
- The design, implementation and delivery of learning support programs including modifications and adjustments to curriculum and assessments.
- Collaboration with the Learning Enrichment team and classroom teachers to deliver evidenced informed quality programs and to work with teachers utilising a co-teaching support model of instruction.
- Experience in developing Individual Learning Profiles and Education Plans and administering disability provisions for specified assessment tasks.
- Specific experience in teaching Stage 5 and 6 students.
Strongly desirable but not essential:
- Formal qualifications in Inclusive Education or Special Education
- Experience with provisions and NCCD administration
Please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume. As a part of the application process, you will be asked to upload your academic transcripts.
Ravenswood School for Girls is dedicated to maintaining a child safe environment and is committed to the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the School with their Working With Children Check number and NESA Teacher Accreditation number in order to be eligible for this position.
Applications close 9am Friday 8 October 2021
If you have any questions please contact Jennifer Richardson, Deputy Principal: Teaching and Learning on 02 9498 9898 or by email [email protected]
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church IB World School