- Permanent full-time teaching position commencing Term 1, 2022.
- Friendly and supportive work environment, Interstate applications welcome.
- Seeking energetic, creative, and passionate educators.
About The School
Canberra Grammar School is a coeducational independent Anglican School founded in 1929. The School’s main campus is set on 20 hectares at the foot of Red Hill, just south of Lake Burley Griffin, close to Parliament House and the lively social precincts of Manuka and Kingston.
CGS is committed to delivering the highest standard of education, inspiring students to achieve personal excellence within a warm and inclusive community environment. The School is a vibrant and rewarding workplace with a strong commitment to professional learning and to nurturing excellent conditions in a superb campus environment. The School employs staff who are passionate and energetic in their profession and place student learning and wellbeing at the forefront of all they do.
Benefits of Working at CGS
CGS is an employer that promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including:
- A highly competitive salary and superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff).
- Attractive salary packaging arrangements.
- Free barista-made coffee daily.
- Delicious daily morning tea and discounted lunches.
- Annual influenza vaccinations.
- Employee assistance program.
- School fee concessions upon completion of the probationary period.
- The staff awards program and generous professional development funding.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our Mathematics Department in 2022. Reporting to the Head of Mathematics the successful applicant will have an understanding and commitment to encouraging each student to reach their level of academic achievement and the flexibility to incorporate a wide range of pedagogies. Knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and current developments in the teaching and learning of Mathematics is required. The ability to teach across Years 7 to 12 and HSC Standard Mathematics would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and passionate educator of Mathematics to assume a teaching position in a highly effective and innovative independent school.
You are dedicated, passionate, and possess the following:
- Passion for the learning and holistic development of students in and beyond the classroom.
- Experience modelling outstanding teaching practice in and beyond the classroom.
- Proven subject expertise and the ability to teach inclusively across a broad age and ability range.
- Commitment to collaborative professional engagement and professional learning.
- Experience of, or willingness to train for, teaching the Australian Curriculum and, where relevant, the Higher School Certificate and/or the International Baccalaureate.
- Excitement about participating in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular program.
- Respect for our School’s Anglican ethos and spirit of inclusion.
- A firm commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
How to Apply
- Visit ACT.EDU.AU/EMPLOYMENT to access the position description.
- Please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (addressing the selection criteria on the Position Description)
CGS is proud to be a School that takes child protection very seriously. All candidates for roles at Canberra Grammar School are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.