- An exciting opportunity for a Physics Teacher to join our highly experienced Science team.
- Full-time permanent positions commencing in 2022.
- Dedicated and passionate students.
About The School
Canberra Grammar School is a leading co-educational independent Anglican School founded in 1929. The School’s main campus is set on 20 hectares at the foot of Red Hill, just south of Lake Burley Griffin, close to Parliament House and the lively social precincts of Manuka and Kingston.
CGS is committed to delivering the highest standard of education, inspiring students to achieve personal excellence within a warm and inclusive community environment. The School is a vibrant and rewarding workplace with a strong commitment to professional learning and to nurturing excellent conditions in a superb campus environment. The School employs staff who are passionate and energetic in their profession and place student learning and wellbeing at the forefront of all they do.
Benefits of Working at CGS
CGS is an employer that promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including:
- A highly competitive salary and superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff)
- Attractive salary packaging arrangements
- Free barista-made coffee daily
- Delicious daily morning tea and discounted lunches
- Access to the onsite health clinic and annual influenza vaccinations
- Employee assistance program
- School fee concessions
- The staff awards program and generous professional development funding.
About the Role
This is your opportunity to join our Science department and be part of a dedicated team. As a Physics Teacher at CGS, you will be responsible for delivering quality teaching and learning experiences that develop students' learning potential. This is an exceptional opening for you to demonstrate a commitment to best practice in teaching and a goal-orientated and evidence-based approach to improving student learning outcomes.
The successful candidate will be experienced, qualified, and ideally capable of teaching from Years 7 to 12 and capable of teaching both the NSW High School Certificate and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Physics courses as well as Junior Science for the Australian Curriculum.
The successful candidate will also be keen to play an active role in the classroom, in pastoral care, in co-curricular and in the broad life of the School community.
You are dedicated, passionate, and possess the following:
- Passion for the learning and holistic development of students in and beyond the classroom
- Experience in modelling outstanding teaching practice in and beyond the classroom
- Subject expertise and the ability to teach inclusively across a broad age and ability range
- Proven commitment to collaborative professional engagement and professional learning
- Experience of, or willingness to train for, teaching the Australian Curriculum and, where relevant, the Higher School Certificate and/or the International Baccalaureate
- Enthusiastic commitment to participating in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular program
- Respecting our School’s Anglican ethos and spirit of inclusion
- A firm commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
How to Apply
- Visit ACT.EDU.AU/EMPLOYMENT to access the position description.
- Please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (addressing the selection criteria on the Position Description)
CGS is proud to be a School that takes child protection very seriously. All candidates for roles at Canberra Grammar School are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.