- CGS is seeking outstanding Chemistry Teachers to inspire students
- Full-time permanent positions commencing in 2022
- Join a team committed to making a difference in the lives of children.
About the School
Canberra Grammar School is a coeducational independent Anglican School founded in 1929. The School’s main campus is set on 20 hectares at the foot of Red Hill, just south of Lake Burley Griffin, close to Parliament House and the lively social precincts of Manuka and Kingston.
CGS is committed to delivering the highest standard of education, inspiring students to achieve personal excellence within a warm and inclusive community environment. The School is a vibrant and rewarding workplace with a strong commitment to professional learning and to nurturing excellent conditions in a superb campus environment. The School employs staff who are passionate and energetic in their profession and place student learning and wellbeing at the forefront of all they do.
Benefits of Working at CGS
CGS is an employer that promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including:
- A highly competitive salary and superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff)
- Attractive salary packaging arrangements
- Free barista-made coffee daily
- Delicious daily morning tea and discounted lunches
- Annual influenza vaccinations
- Employee assistance program
- School fee concessions upon completion of your probation period
- The staff awards program and generous professional development funding.
About the Role
Canberra Grammar School is accepting applications from experienced and outstanding Chemistry Teachers to inspire students in 2022. We are seeking Chemistry Teacher with a student-centered approach to the delivery of curriculum, classroom management, and the ability to challenge and support students.
The successful candidate will be experienced, qualified, and ideally capable of teaching from Years 7 to 12 and will also be keen to play an active role in the classroom, in pastoral care, in co-curricular and in the broad life of the School community.
You are dedicated, passionate, and possess the following:
- Passion for the learning and holistic development of students in and beyond the classroom
- Experience in modelling outstanding teaching practice in and beyond the classroom
- Proven subject expertise and the ability to teach inclusively across a broad age and ability range
- A true commitment to collaborative professional engagement and professional learning
- Experience of, or willingness to train for, teaching the Australian Curriculum and, where relevant, the Higher School Certificate and/or the International Baccalaureate
- Enthusiastic commitment to participating in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular program
- Clear commitment to respecting the School’s Anglican ethos and spirit of inclusion
- A firm commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
How to Apply
- Visit ACT.EDU.AU/EMPLOYMENT to access the position description.
- Please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (addressing the selection criteria on the Position Description)
CGS is proud to be a School that takes child protection very seriously. All candidates for roles at Canberra Grammar School are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.