Head of Visual Arts
Tara is seeking an energetic, passionate and innovative teacher with experience and ability to teach Stages 4, 5 and 6 Visual Arts and to lead and manage a dynamic Visual Arts Department.
The Head of Visual Arts will provide
- effective development, implementation and supervision of the Visual Arts curriculum,
- engage with the Principal and Executive staff in developing the quality of teaching and learning in Visual Arts as part of Tara’s Strategic Plan
- ensure excellence in teaching and learning strategies that cater to the learning needs of all students
- provide a dynamic, effective, innovative leadership and management of Visual Arts staff and model best practice in the classroom
- effectively manage and oversee the tasks of the Visual Arts Assistant
- keep abreast of the current pedagogies in the teaching of Visual Arts as they pertain to the teaching of girls, and
- have excellent knowledge of the NESA Visual Arts curriculum and IB MYP.
This position is permanent full time and is to commence Term 1, 2022.
A full position description is available on the Tara website.
Application, including full CV, cover letter, academic transcripts and details of three referees, should be sent to:
The Director of Policy, Compliance and Human Resources
Tara Anglican School for Girls
Masons Drive, North Parramatta NSW 2151
Applications Close: Friday, 8 October 2021