Upper Years Primary Teacher
Commencing January 2022.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher to work in a collaborative educational environment, focused on helping students reach their potential.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA: Upper Years Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor of Education (Primary) or a degree qualification supported by a Post Graduate Diploma or Master of Teaching specialising in Primary Education.
• Highly competent in teaching and assessing within the Primary Years.
Teaching staff will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Understanding and support of the Mission, Vision and Ethos and Core Values of The Anglican Schools Commission and John Wollaston Anglican Community School (the School).
• Active support of a child safe culture.
• Current knowledge and understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum and a commitment to the standards and practices of the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) Primary Years Programme (PYP).
• Philosophical alignment with inquiry-based learning.
• Outstanding skills in curriculum differentiation and modification of learning tasks to meet specific educational needs.
• Understanding of the teaching, learning, assessment and reporting cycle using digital platforms including SEQTA.
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills including strong written and verbal communication skills and effective time management. • Excellent interpersonal skills being inclusive, collaborative, approachable, a good listener and having the capacity to establish and maintain positive relationships with staff, students, parents and carers.
• The professional attributes and skills of a highly competent classroom practitioner, demonstrating a commitment to life-long learning.
The Position Description, Application Requirments and Employment Application Form is available at http://www.jwacs.wa.edu.au/employment/
Confidential enquiries may be directed to the Principal via email at [email protected]