High School Teacher (Psychology)
- Full time contract with possibility of extension
- City fringe location with multiple transport options
- Opportunity to be a teacher in a brand new IB Diploma School
IES College is located in Spring Hill, Brisbane and has been educating young people for more than twenty years to prepare them for study at The University of Queensland through the Foundation Year program. This year IES College is offering the Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme for year 11 and from 2022 years 11 & 12.
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. This program encourages students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
IES College is an independent secular co-educational school that values and celebrate diversity in our community. Our experienced teaching and professional staff work alongside our students with care, and provide young people from diverse backgrounds and experiences with the skills and values to create positive change in the world. Our smaller school setting will enable each student to make a positive contribution, to reach their potential, and to feel safe, supported and heard. Our highly qualified teaching and professional staff are passionate about working with students to build knowledge and experiences that will shape their characters and lives. Student Success Advisors will also work alongside our students, providing health and wellbeing support and guidance. Our fully refurbished Spring Hill building is welcoming and comfortable learning hub for students. Light-filled spaces for collaboration and socialising, quiet places for concentration and deep thinking, flexible classrooms that can be transformed for purpose, as well as STEM and art studios, technology and multimedia resources, performing arts space and more.
We are currently seeking an experienced High School Teacher (Psychology) to work in the IB School with at least 1 years’ experience teaching in Psychology or Social Science in a high school setting who can commence as soon as possible.
- Teaching psychology or Social Science subjects to senior high school students’ years 11 & 12
- Planning, preparing and delivering quality and effective teaching and learning programs which are consistent with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, IBDP curriculum, IES College policies, work programs and educational trends.
- Understanding and implementing sound evidence-based pedagogical practices including the IB approaches to teaching and learning and more.
- Demonstrated teaching skills and subject content knowledge
- Experience teaching psychology or Social Science
- Experience working in a school delivering the International Baccalaureate Curriculum preferred.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree with a Psychology major
- Must have a registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
This position will be offered as a full time contract for Term 4 2021 with a possibility of a full time contract for 2022. Successful candidate will be a person of character who is dedicated and passionate about education.
This is a positive environment where people are passionate about what they do. You will have the opportunity to work for an innovative, stable and growing organisation which offers career and personal development. Along with an attractive remuneration package, IES offer salary packaging benefits and corporate contribution private health care. The opportunity to work in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme makes IES College staff employable all around the world.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that may arise in the next 6 months.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
International Education Services Ltd (IES) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your suitability for the role to [email protected]
Location: Spring Hill, Brisbane
Contract: Full time contract until 31st December 2021 with a possibility of extension.