Senior School English Teacher
Due to the expansion of the IB Diploma Programme and growth in enrolments, Cranbrook School is seeking an outstanding English teacher to join our dynamic Senior School teaching team commencing Term 1, 2022.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a full-time position to teach English to secondary students. Commencing from the beginning of Term 1, 2022, the position is based at the Senior School campus in Bellevue Hill.
Teachers at Cranbrook take an active and enthusiastic part in the full life of the School, including involvement in the School’s co-curricular program requiring work outside normal teaching hours.
Cranbrook School teachers enjoy a stimulating work environment as part of a team of talented professionals, excellent opportunities for professional development, and attractive remuneration and benefits.
You are a progressive, globally minded, enthusiastic and dedicated educator, with the ability to inspire boys in their love of learning and in the pursuit of excellence.
Capable of working collaboratively within a team to plan and deliver high quality teaching and learning programmes, and possessing an exemplary understanding of best practice, you have proven subject expertise and the ability to teach inclusively across a broad age and ability range.
You are an excellent communicator, creative, and able to work well with students, parents and other teachers. You are committed to continual professional development and reflection, and have a genuine interest in the growth of young people.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications to teach English to secondary students
- NESA accreditation to teach in New South Wales
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the NSW Curriculum and current teaching and learning theory and practice
- Highly organised, detail-focused, resourceful and with the ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Able to communicate and collaborate with people at all levels, with diverse backgrounds and a wide range of age groups
- Demonstrated expertise in using data effectively to inform teaching practice
- Able to take ownership of tasks, demonstrate initiative and produce work of a consistently high standard
- Capacity to create a motivating and engaging learning environment that caters to the diverse needs of all learners through varied teaching strategies and pedagogical practices to maximise learning
- A firm commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Current First Aid and CPR qualifications.
- Experience teaching HSC English courses, and/or experience teaching within an IB framework would be an advantage but is not essential.
Experience in effective integration of ICT to deliver meaningful pedagogy is highly desirable.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK
The successful applicant for this position will be required to hold a current NSW Working with Children Check clearance.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and reasons for your interest in the position. Applications should be submitted via email to [email protected]. At least three referees will be requested from the successful applicant.