APPLICATION AND DATABASE DEVELOPER
Radford College is seeking an experienced Application and Database Developer to support the College Application development and database management
Radford College is a generous-spirited learning community that embodies the beliefs and values of the Christian faith in the Anglican tradition. Our purpose is to develop young people to live truthfully, practise compassion and seek wisdom in order to serve the common good. Grounded in our values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom, all staff work to support the College in achieving its aims.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Application and Database Developer for a permanent full-time position to support the College in application development and database management including report building and data integration services.
You will play a key role in the improvement of the school's teaching and learning experience by identifying opportunities in consultation with key stakeholders to understand their requirements building solutions or identifying opportunities for improvement.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Guided Professional Learning for teaching staff to maintain professional registration standards
- Professional Learning financial support for teaching and non-teaching staff
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to exercise programs (boot camp and Pilates) and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter who enjoys building relationships with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the College, possesses excellent communication skills, have a strong customer-service focus, and can be relied upon to work autonomously. Candidates must:
- Demonstrate experience in database administration, administration, and support.
- Demonstrate experience in database development including data integration, data extraction and manipulation.
- Experience with:
- Supporting new ICT projects through the full development life cycle of requirements gathering, analysis, building, user testing, implementation and review.
- Creation of well performing SQL queries, complex stored procedures, and other T-SQL objects.
- Troubleshooting, prioritizing and resolving application and data support requests.
- Conducting problem-solving, development, implementation and customization of we-based applications to meet the functional needs of internal clients. This includes:
- Source, configure, extend or custom build web applications to provide the required functionality
- Design and develop functions that utilise ODBC, Restful and Soap application programming interfaces, or other methods to enhance functionality and implement integration between Radford College’s Web Application and Databases.
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the College to successfully design, implement, administer, or customise application and databases.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in development and management of databases (SQL Server), preferably in a client focused environment.
- Proven experience in application/database (SQL) development and administration and management and using web services / APIs to manage data and system integrations.
- Requirements gathering and ability to ask the right questions to understand business needs.
- Proven experience in implementing and operational system integration and in developing and implementing workflow solutions.
- Experience with modelling, analytics, scripting and have extensive database knowledge in MS SQL.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and enhancement of system interfaces and customised application frameworks.
- Ability to create various reports using SSRS, Crystal Reports and MS PowerBI and creating complex SSIS packages.
- Strong SharePoint skills and experience with the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to provide training and instruction to customers and staff members on software application functions and to explain highly technical issues in an easy-to-understand way.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Technical skills, particularly related to web database integration with different platforms.
- Information architecture skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Delivery of high-quality results and striving for continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical, reconciliation and problem-solving skills.
- Have a strong honest work ethic and set high expectations.
- Maintain confidentiality with all sensitive issues.
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website Employment page. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at Recruitment Inbox.
Applications will be processed as they are received. If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please address your application to:
email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.