- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Great staff culture driven by passion, success & supportive management
- Exceptional music program.
About The School
Canberra Grammar School is a leading co-educational independent Anglican School founded in 1929. The School’s main campus is set on 20 hectares at the foot of Red Hill, just south of Lake Burley Griffin, close to Parliament House and the lively social precincts of Manuka and Kingston.
CGS is committed to delivering the highest standard of education, inspiring students to achieve personal excellence within a warm and inclusive community environment. The School is a vibrant and rewarding workplace with a strong commitment to professional learning and to nurturing excellent conditions in a superb campus environment. The School employs staff who are passionate and energetic in their profession and place student learning and wellbeing at the forefront of all they do.
Benefits of Working at CGS
CGS is an employer that promotes staff excellence and offers a range of additional benefits, including:
- A highly competitive salary and superannuation of 11.5% (for permanent staff)
- Attractive salary packaging arrangements
- Free barista-made coffee daily
- Delicious daily morning tea and discounted lunches
- Access to the onsite health clinic and annual influenza vaccinations
- Employee assistance programmes
- School fee concessions
- Staff awards programme and generous professional development funding.
About the Role
The School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and collaborative teacher of Music who will assist the School in its quest for excellence in learning and teaching. The successful candidate will be experienced, qualified and ideally capable of teaching academic music from Years 7 to 12 and co-curricular ensemble music from years 4 – 12.
The successful candidate will also be keen to play an active role in the classroom, in pastoral care, in co-curricular and in the broad life of the School community.
You are dedicated, passionate, and possess the following:
- proven passion for the learning and holistic development of students in and beyond the classroom
- proven experience of modelling outstanding teaching practice in and beyond the classroom
- proven subject expertise and the ability to teach inclusively across a broad age and ability range
- proven commitment to collaborative professional engagement and professional learning
- enthusiastic commitment to participating in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular program
- clear commitment to respecting the School’s Anglican ethos and spirit of inclusion
- a firm commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- experience of, or willingness to train for, teaching the Australian Curriculum and, where relevant, the Higher School Certificate and/or the International Baccalaureate Diploma Courses.
- have excellent instrumental/vocal performance skills and experience in leading instrumental/choral ensembles
- have recent experience in teaching music across the secondary school from years 7 – 12
- have outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the music department academic and co-curricular teams
- Previous experience in Musical performance, ensemble
How to Apply
1. Visit CGS.ACT.EDU.AU/EMPLOYMENT to access the position description.
2. Please click ‘Apply’ button and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (addressing the selection criteria on the Position Description)
CGS is proud to be a School that takes child protection very seriously. All candidates for roles at Canberra Grammar School are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.