JUNIOR SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST/COUNSELLOR
Radford College is seeking Psychologists/Counsellors to monitor the emotional wellbeing of students and provides support to meet diverse needs of students
Are you looking for the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people? Suitably experienced and qualified applicants are invited to apply for this permanent part-time School Psychologist/Counsellor position, commencing Term 1, 2022.
There is a vacancy in the Radford College Junior School team for a permanent part-time Junior School Psychologist/Counsellor.
About the role
The School Psychologist/Counsellor monitors the emotional wellbeing of individual students and provides internal support or sources external services to meet the diverse needs of our learners. This is a chance to influence educational outcomes through the College’s holistic approach to student development.
Working at Radford College
At Radford, we believe that the key to higher performing students is the effectiveness of their teachers, and that the key to effective teachers is the support they receive which enables them to perform their roles. The role of the School Psychologist/Counsellor is to work collaboratively with students, parents and all staff, to achieve the goal of providing our learners with a holistic and inspiring education that enables them to reach their full potential.
Why choose Radford?
As well as supporting and enabling staff to achieve their potential, Radford College offers:
- A vibrant and rewarding place in which to work
- Professional Learning financial support
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Discounted school fees for eligible employees
- Employee wellbeing initiatives – EAP program, access to gym facilities and group fitness classes
- Generous Superannuation after qualifying period
- Salary Sacrificing
- Excellent resources and grounds
- Free onsite parking
For further information, please visit the Employment page on our Website.
You will have had experience working in a similar role in a school environment. You will demonstrate strengths in building relationships with colleagues and the wider College community, possesses excellent communication skills.
As Counsellor, you will:
- Have knowledge of the principles of Positive Psychology embedded in school contexts
- Demonstrate a passion for collaborative working as a member of a high-functioning team, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to grow through the sharing of best practice and professional experience
- Join and attend meetings/activities of the Pastoral Care Team
- Run Parent Education courses when demand exists and time permits
- Liaise closely with the other (part-time) School Counsellor
- Lead the staff in training of matters relating to child protection and reportable conduct
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal, as well as excellent time management skills
- Commit to the safeguarding and promotion of student welfare
- Be reliable and punctual
- Support Radford’s strategic priorities and goals
- Uphold Radford’s Values of Truth, Compassion and Wisdom
- Eligibility for registered membership with an appropriate professional association (ie Australian Association of Social Workers AASW, or Australian Psychological Society APS)
How to Apply
Details about this position and how to apply can be found on the Employment section on the College Website http://www.radford.act.edu.au/quick-links/employment/. If you have further enquiries regarding this position, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 28 November 2021, and should be addressed to the Principal, email: [email protected]
Applicants will be subject to employment screening and will be required to provide a current ACT Working with Vulnerable People card prior to commencing employment.