Christian Development Teacher
Opportunity for a passionate, committed Christian Development Teacher to join the School's Christian Development Team.
Christian Development Teacher
Commencing Term 1 2022 – Part-time (0.8FTE, 4 days per week), Permanent
Who are we?
St Andrew’s Cathedral School (SACS) is an independent, Kindergarten to Year 12 Anglican school located in two high-rise buildings in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The school offers students a strong academic program and extensive opportunities to be involved in sport, music, drama and outdoor education. As an authentically Christian school in the Anglican tradition, Christian values are embedded in all aspects of daily life, with honesty, integrity, humility, respect and service being foundational to the richness of relationships at SACS. We seek to develop students who think critically and creatively and have hearts that love, minds that grow and lives that give.
Why St Andrew's Cathedral School?
In 2020, St Andrew’s Cathedral School received Voice Project's Best Workplace Award for staff satisfaction and engagement, an amazing achievement, representative of a supportive, collegiate culture where every staff member is known, valued and equipped to excel in their role.
What is the Role?
The School has an exemplary Christian Development program and is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and highly experienced Christian Development teacher to join our team of committed and professional staff. This is a permanent, part-time (0.8FTE load over 4 days per week) position.
Who will the successful applicant be?
- Recent experience in teaching Christian Development. Ability to also teach Studies of Religion preferred
- Enthusiasm for their subject and the ability to inspire secondary age students
- Knowledge of recent developments in the theory and practice of senior secondary pedagogy and specifically how this applies to their subject area
- Theology qualification (Diploma or above) preferred
- Willingness to be involved in all aspects of Christian ministry at the School
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the Christian Development/Chaplaincy team
- Confidence in the use of technology and a willingness to embrace it to enhance learning in the classroom
- An understanding of and commitment to the School’s Christian mission, values and ethos
Previous experience teaching International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP) is highly desirable.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 10 December 2021
Interviews will commence as applications are received.
See here for further information about the role and employment benefits at SACS, and to apply: https://www.sacs.nsw.edu.au/employment/
Prior to employment at the School, this position requires the successful applicant to have:
- Evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
- A Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
Please see www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au for further information. It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.