Teacher - Senior School: German (12 month Contract)
Apply now for this rare opportunity at Somerset College.
Somerset College is one of Australia's leading independent schools catering for over 1600 co-educational students from Pre-Prep to Year 12. Established in 1983 and located in the heart of the Gold Coast, our impressive facilities occupy approximately 22 hectares in Mudgeeraba. Our success has been built by a talented and committed workforce underpinned by strong support from parents and the community.
The Somerset Experience includes a strong commitment to developing engaged global citizens, aspiring to excellence, demonstrating integrity, and valuing difference. As an International Baccalaureate World School, Somerset has built an esteemed position in education through our global outlook and our commitment to encouraging the fulfillment of individual potential in academia, sport, creative, extracurricular, and personal pursuits.
This is an exciting opportunity to uphold the ideals of our College and join the team by providing quality education in support of the ethos of the College.
Key accountabilities include:
- Managing classes and students effectively
- Ensuring cognizance of the syllabus and work programmes expectations
- Promoting learning as something to be enjoyed and maximised for each student throughout every lesson
- Fulfilling the ‘teacher’s role’ in and out of class
- Maintaining good order and discipline
- Providing a caring environment
You will bring:
- Strong ethics, interpersonal and discretionary skills coupled with a commitment to quality teaching
- A qualification in the teaching area of German
- Current exemplary secondary teaching practice
- Experience and practical skills in inquiry learning
- The ability to deliver and facilitate the learning curriculum.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Innovative teaching
- Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Working with Children Blue Card
We offer competitive remuneration and development opportunities. Proudly an equal opportunity employer, we embrace a workplace underpinned by shared ethos and values that shape our actions and behaviours.
Submit your application via SEEK: Include a resume (maximum 5 pages with 3 referee contact details listed, one of which should be a recent supervisor), and a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role (maximum 1 page).
To learn more about Somerset College, visit www.somerset.qld.edu.au Please direct position queries to [email protected] .
Applications should be submitted immediately or by 26 November 2021.