Head of Teaching and Learning Excellence
Ravenswood is seeking a Head of Teaching and Learning Excellence to join our dynamic and collaborative Teaching and Learning Team in a permanent full time basis, commencing in 2022.
Since its founding in 1901, Ravenswood has embraced a strong tradition of educational excellence – developing young women of purpose who are empowered and inspired by the highest quality of teaching and learning experiences. Located in Sydney’s picturesque and leafy upper North Shore, Ravenswood welcomes over 1,300 girls from Prep to Year 12. Our girls enjoy beautiful, idyllic grounds, world-class award-winning facilities, and the sense of belonging to a warm, vibrant community.
Ravenswood offers both the HSC and the IB Diploma Programme as well as the PYP in the Junior School. Ravenswood is a three-time recipient of an Innovative Schools Award (2018, 2019 and 2020) from The Educator and has been named a 2021 Excellence Awardee in the Australian Education Awards (Best Wellbeing Program).
Ravenswood is seeking a Head of Teaching and Learning Excellence to join our dynamic and collaborative Teaching and Learning Team. The Head of Teaching and Learning Excellence will be responsible for the development and implementation of approaches and initiatives that enhance student outcomes, and for leading and supporting teaching excellence at Ravenswood. The Head of Teaching and Learning Excellence will be an exceptional educator and have an active teaching load.
The successful candidate will have:
- appropriate education qualifications and be eligible to teach in NSW;
- proven experience as an exceptional Teacher;
- postgraduate qualifications in education or leadership (desirable);
- previous experience as a middle/senior leader within an education context;
- demonstrated ability to analyse data from a range of sources and use this data to inform decision-making and teaching and learning initiatives;
- previous experience designing and implementing quality, research-based professional learning initiatives for teachers;
- outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage successful with a range of key stakeholders; and
- a highly developed capacity to motivate staff, develop their talents and build teams.
Please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume. As a part of the application process, you will be asked to upload your academic transcripts.
Ravenswood School for Girls is dedicated to maintaining a child safe environment and is committed to the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the School with their Working with Children Check number and evidence of their Teacher Accreditation in order to be eligible for this position.
It is a requirement of employment to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) for COVID-19.
Applications close: 4pm Thursday 2 December 2021
If you have any questions: Please contact Jennifer Richardson, Deputy Principal: Teaching and Learning on (02) 9498 9898 or by email [email protected]
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church, Positive Education and IB World School