IB/HSC Business Studies and Commerce Teacher
- Permanent full time position
- To commence Term 1, 2022
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church Prep to Year 12 day and boarding school for girls located on Sydney’s North Shore. Ravenswood offers both the HSC and the IB Diploma Programme as well as the PYP in the Junior School. It is a school where students enjoy outstanding academic success supported by innovative teaching practices that are underpinned by a whole school approach to Positive Education.
We are seeking a Business Studies/Business Management and Commerce Teacher to join our Social Science Department on a permanent full-time basis. The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner who demonstrates creativity and rigour in the delivery of curriculum and enjoys working in a committed and professional team.
To secure this role you will;
- Have significant experience teaching Stage 6 HSC Business Studies courses and Years 8 to 10 Commerce
- Experience teaching International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or a willingness to undertake training to teach IBDP courses
- Be an effective classroom teacher with an excellent understanding of the curriculum
- Be confident in differentiating curriculum in the classroom
- Have a passion for your KLA, and a creative and enthusiastic teaching style; and
- Have a commitment to pastoral care within the Christian ethos of the school.
Please include a cover letter as the first page of your resume. As a part of the application process, you will be asked to upload your academic transcripts.
Ravenswood School for Girls is dedicated to maintaining a child safe environment and is committed to the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the School with their Working with Children Check number and evidence of their Teacher Accreditation in order to be eligible for this position.
It is a requirement of employment to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) for COVID-19.
Applications close 4pm, Sunday 5 December
If you have any questions: Please contact Jennifer Richardson, Deputy Principal: Teaching and Learning on (02) 9498 9898 or by email email@example.com
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church IB World School