Head of HSIE (NESA and IDBP History) 7-12
- Head of Department - HSIE (NESA History and Philosophy, IBDP History)
- Commencing - 21 January 2022
The College is seeking an experienced and passionate professional to lead a dynamic HSIE (History) Department. This is a 2 point leadership position that sits alongside the Head of Department HSIE (Social Sciences).
Santa Sabina College Strathfield is a P-12 Catholic School in the Dominican tradition educating students to achieve personal excellence, to act with justice and compassion, and to embrace the future with an optimistic global vision. Located across eight hectares in Strathfield in Sydney’s multicultural inner west and enrolling over 1230 students, we offer a comprehensive co-education on our Del Monte Campus for P-4 and for girls 5-12 on our Santa Sabina Campus. Our outdoor education campus, Tallong, is located on 97 hectares in the Southern Highlands.
Our Early Education Centre (Mary Bailey House) and Out of School Hours (OOSH) services are located in the grounds of the Primary (Del Monte) Campus. Mary Bailey House provides education and care for children aged from six weeks to five years and the College also operates three separate OOSH services for five-year-olds to Year 6 students. OOSH provides before school, after school and vacation care for children during school holiday periods.
The successful candidate will:
- support the Catholic Dominican Mission of the College and promote the prayer life of the College
- demonstrate outstanding leadership skills including the ability to mentor, guide and advise staff and students
- demonstrates expert understanding of curriculum requirements for HSIE, particularly for NESA Modern History, Ancient History,Extension History, Mandatory History, Philosophy and IB Global Politics and History.
- be a strategic and collaborative practitioner who can work with a range of teams
- be an exemplary teacher with demonstrated understanding of contemporary pedagogy
- lead the development, implementation and evaluation of HSIE (History) policies and programs for curriculum, assessment and reporting across Years 7-12.
Previous experience teaching the IB Diploma is highly advantageous.
Please visit the College website for further application details: https://www.ssc.nsw.edu.au/about-santa-sabina/employment/
Applications must contain a cover letter addressed to the College Principal, Ms Paulina Skerman, outlining relevant experience, a Curriculum Vitae and a completed College employment application form. Completed applications are to be emailed to [email protected]. For further information, please contact Ann McGovern, Director of People,Culture and Professional Learning on (02) 9745 7025.
Applications close: 4pm Monday 6 December 2021.
The College is committed to the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. The successful applicant will be required to have a current Working with Children Check and be committed to our