- Temporary full time
- 6 months Maternity Leave cover with potential for extension
- Commencing Term 1, 2019
Full Time, 6 months maternity leave cover with possible extension
Contract Period: Term 1 - Term 2, 2019 (Immediate start available)
Closing Date: 25 January 2019
MLC School is looking for a passionate and dedicated Music Teacher to fit into our collegiate Music team for the period of approximately 6 months maternity leave cover with possible extension.
Founded in 1886 MLC School is an Australian Independent Girls’ School of the Uniting Church in Australia. MLC School’s mission is to educate young women to be fearless thinkers with moral courage and compassion to be agents of change in their own lives and the lives of others.
Our academic, co-curricular and pastoral care programs are responsive to the changing needs of these complex times and encourage girls to take measured risks, embrace innovation and adapt to change.
- Experience as a High School Music Classroom Teacher
- Recognised degrees and diploma qualifications in music teaching and music performance
- Accredited with NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- The ability to develop innovative music programmes that align with the NESA Music syllabus for Stages 4, 5 and 6 including music extension
- IB MYP and DP music teaching experience
- Excellent administrative, communicative and organizational skills
- The capability to direct a range of music co-curricular ensembles. Applicants must indicate their level of expertise and experience with choirs, orchestral string ensembles and bands
- Fluent piano reading and performing skills
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a number of exciting benefits including:
- Excellent remuneration package
- Professional learning opportunities
- Salary packaging
- Onsite parking
- Access to the School’s gym and indoor Aquatic Centre
How to Apply:
Submit your application via MLC School website http://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/MLC100 by 5pm 25 January 2019.
Please note that only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.
Our recruitment team will be reviewing applications prior to the closing date and interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.