- Closing date extended to Friday 12 July, 2019
- Commencement date of Wednesday 9 October 2019 (negotiable)
Good Shepherd Lutheran College is an International Baccalaureate World School, offering both the Primary Years and Middle Years Programmes. The College has two outstanding Early Learning Centres, at the Leanyer and Howard Springs campuses; both recently attaining 'exceeding national quality standard'.
Good Shepherd has three campuses - Leanyer, Palmerston and Howard Springs and is now the largest school in the Northern Territory.
The Head of Junior School assists in the leadership and management of the activities of students and teachers, in line with the College Mission statement, in the following areas – student well-being, academic performance, classroom practice, administration, and budget and staff management. The Head of School is responsible for the relationship and interaction of the students, staff and parents of that particular sub-school and campus. Implicit in the role of the Head of School is involvement in campus-wide initiatives, responsibilities, events and programs. The appointee will have a leading role in articulating the values and culture of the College and a personal presence and highly effective communication in relationships with students, staff and parents.
- Leadership and pursuit of academic excellence through the International Baccalaureate Primary years Programme
- Leadership of the College Visible Wellbeing program
- Maintaining the highest standards of student behaviour and presentation
- Lead the team of classroom teachers and education support assistants
- Liaise with the Deputy Principal in the management of staff performance within the Junior School
- Organisation and administration of the sub-school’s daily operation
- Student Leadership Program at the Campus
- Manage new students and families to the Campus in partnership with the College registrar
- Development of structures and processes to enable College and Campus priorities to be achieved
- Promotion of the school within the parent and wider community
Good Shepherd is attractive to parents seeking quality, Christian, caring and highly effective education for their child.
Please contact the College for any further information and for a copy of ‘Information for Candidates’. (08) 8983 0300 or email: [email protected]
Good Shepherd also has a comprehensive website, Facebook page and College App (Good Shepherd Lutheran College NT). It has just joined Instagram - goodshepNT