- Ongoing Full-time position
Preshil is a small, secular and progressive co-educational school in Victoria for ages 3 and 4 through to Year 12. The students take an active role in their education and develop responsibility for their actions; they are encouraged to ask challenging questions, to know themselves, care for others and achieve excellence on their own terms.
The school philosophy is inspired by the work of Margaret J R Lyttle and the ideas of other educational theorists relevant to progressive education in 21st century Australia.
Preshil is an authorized International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) and the IB Diploma Programme (IB DP) a Candidate School for the Primary Years Programme (IB PYP).
Head of Campus – Secondary School (Blackhall Kalimna)
Preshil seeks a skilled and experienced educator with highly developed leadership skills and a depth of understanding of a progressive school environment to fulfil the role of Head of Campus (substantive position). The HOC oversees the overall program and daily functioning of the Secondary School which is an accredited International Baccalaureate school. The candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a capacity to support and motivate staff as well as the ability to create an inclusive environment that takes into account the individual needs of students and helps students to develop their special abilities and talents. The HOC will work in close cooperation with the Principal and Primary Head of Campus and as part of the Preshil Leadership and Management Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be a member of the Preshil Leadership Team
- To oversee either personally or by delegation the general administration of the Secondary School program
- Together with the Principal to share responsibility either personally or by delegation for all staff matters
- Take responsibility for the financial management of the campus budget and its key responsibilities
- To oversee either personally or by delegation the facilities and resources (presentation) of the Secondary School
- To have a teaching allotment of up to 0.4, by negotiation
For a full description and selection criteria please download the position description here.
Preshil is committed to the protection of children and young people and safeguarding children from harm.
A letter of application, together with current CV and contact details for three referees (in one complete file) should be emailed to Kate Bowers, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com
Applications close Friday 24 May 2019 at 5pm