Secondary Teacher (English and Humanities)
- Full-time teacher in small school
- Unique opportunity
- Start Term 3
Treetops is a small, caring educational community located in the Perth Hills. We are seeking an enthusiastic English and Humanities teacher to work in our Secondary school.
Treetops places great value on educating the individual within a child-centred setting. The School utilises the Western Australian Curriculum for years 7 through to 10 and the International Baccalaureate Diploma and Careers-related programmes for years 11 and 12.
The applicant will be hardworking and detail-oriented, with excellent knowledge of the subject material and a sound understanding of the Western Australian curriculum. Treetops is willing to train the successful applicant in IB English.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of one of Perth’s well-established innovative learning communities.
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher in accordance with the school's policies, under the direction of the Principal.
Essential Criteria for Candidate
- Ability to engage and motivate students.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Western Australian and/or International Baccalaureate Curriculums, together with a contemporary approach to teaching, learning and assessment.
- Willingness to embrace the ethos of the school, especially respect for the individual, while delivering an innovative and academically challenging education.
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) qualification (Specialisation in English); or a Bachelor of Humanities together with a Diploma of Education in Secondary Teaching
- Current TRBWA registration (or ability to gain registration prior to commencement of employment).
Desirable Criteria for Candidate
- Experience in child-centered education and inquiry-based learning.
- Ability and experience at year 11 and 12 levels in English and Humanities.
- Experience in multi age grouping.
- Ability to create and manage a differentiated curriculum.
- Open to learning new skills and techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively and energetically within a highly differentiated student-centred school culture.
To apply: -
Email your application including a cover letter and current resume addressed to the Business Manager (HR) (Helen Underwood) at Treetops. Your accompanying letter should address your skills and experience as outlined in the selection criteria (Max 2 pages). Your application must include 3 current work related referees, with one being a current Line Manager.
Applications close: The closing date for all applications is 30th June 2019.