Teacher – Language & Literature / Individuals & Societies (Humanities)
- Seeking teachers with a passion for inquiry-based learning and concept-driven curriculum
- Full time, ongoing role commencing in January 2020
- Must be experienced in teaching upper primary/secondary students
- Advantage to be a Middle Years Programme (MYP) educator
Rivercrest Christian College, which opened in 2014 at Clyde North, currently has students from Early Learning to Year 6. It is an authorised PYP World School and is a MYP candidate school.
Due to the continued growth of Rivercrest Christian College, applications are invited for a full time Middle Years teacher of Language & Literature / Individuals & Societies (Humanities), commencing in January 2020.
Please note that we have also advertised a long service leave replacement position for Term 4, 2019. The successful candidate for the Term 4 role could be an ideal candidate for this full time, ongoing position. If you are interested in being considered for both positions, please apply for them separately and state your interest in your covering letter.
The successful candidate will be:
- desiring to teach in an environment where both Christian values and the development of the whole child are valued
- an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher
- experienced teaching the International Baccalaureate’s ‘Middle Years Programme’ or be committed to a concept-driven, structured-inquiry approach to teaching
- competent using ICT
- able to work collaboratively with other teachers
- able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you can see yourself working as part of a dedicated team in the MYP, we want to hear from you.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Rivercrest.
Rivercrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid VIT registration and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Applications close Friday 19th July 2019 at 10:00am.
Applications should be addressed to Dr Michelle Cafini, Head of College, Rivercrest Christian College, and lodged online: http://careers.cresteducation.vic.edu.au/job-details/query/Teacher+-+Language+and+Literature/Individuals+and+Societies+%28Humanities%29/in/Melbourne+-+All+locations/7673416/
Applicants are required to supply a covering letter, CV and contact details for three referees.